Exposure to lead-based paint usually occurs from ingestion. Lead-based paint does not present a health hazard as long as the paint is not chipping, flaking, crushed or sanded into dust. Whenever you disturb surfaces with lead paint, you risk creating hazardous lead dust, even if the lead paint has been covered over with new paint. Medical and scientific research shows that absorption of even very low levels of lead into the blood may have harmful health effects on the intellectual and behavioral development of infants and young children. Safe removal of lead-based paint is essential for a healthy environment.
WH Smith Construction Ltd. is well versed in removing hazardous lead-based paint. We ensure all debris and dust is properly removed and disposed of and your work site is decontaminated and safe.
While lead is not airborne, trace amounts are still very harmful if ingested and can make their way easily into your environment. Protect yourself from this health hazard with our help.